Cleaning Staff Job Description
We are looking to recruit cleaning staff for our busy Forthcoming season. The successful candidate will be required to work seven days per week. Normal shifts are 10am – 2pm Monday to Sunday and additional split shift work will be required on dual performance days.
Unfortunately, as this is a busy season for us we will not be able to honour any holidays already booked for during this period.
To participate in the day to day programmes of cleaning work within the allocated cleaning zones of the Theatre to ensure that the facilities are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning of the seated areas in the auditorium, offices, stairwells, toilets, dressing rooms and foyers.
- To ensure all sanitary ware, fittings and wall tiles within the toilet areas are clean and restocking consumable items as appropriate ensuring stock levels are maintained.
- To dust, mop, sweep, wet mop, vacuum and polish floors, as appropriate to the type of surface within the theatre to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- To empty waste bins and paper recycling containers and transfer to disposal point.
- To conform to the theatre’s recycling policies.
- To ensure all accessible surfaces including furniture, fixture and fittings are dusted, damp wiped or washed as appropriate and are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition.
- To report any faults or damage encountered with equipment, materials or within any of the theatre areas to Line Manager.
- To ensure individual personal safety and that of others by using hazard warning signs and personal protective equipment during all cleaning activities.
- To ensure all carpets, lino and floors are cleaned and maintained.
- To collect and deliver clean and dirty laundry between place of work and in-house laundry.
- To Uplift and return keys for buildings to gain access for cleaning purposes.
Person Specification – Essential Characteristics
- Ability to use equipment and materials required to carry out basic duties.
- Experience of using equipment is an advantage but not essential as training is provided.
- Job Features Planning and Organising. To plan and organise duties effectively and efficiently to meet service requirements.
- Decision Making Ability to prioritise workload / duties as appropriate.
- Internal / External Relationships: To communicate frequently with cleaning supervisors to ensure good working relationships.
- Problem Solving: To respond to environmental factors as appropriate ie. Spillages.
Remuneration and Hours
- Salary: Minimum wage applies
- Hours: You will be required to work split shifts which includes mornings, afternoons and evenings, sometimes 7 days a week depending on the performance schedule.
- Probationary period: 6 weeks.
- Notice period: 2 weeks.
- Pension: As part of auto-enrolment you may be eligible for NEST pensions. Currently, the Pavilion will contribute 2%.
- Location: This position is based at Pavilion Theatre, 121 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 3AX.
If you are interested in this position and have the necessary experience then please complete our online application form by click on apply or e-mail your C.V. to Marie Donnelly firstname.lastname@example.org
Since it opened in 1904, the Pavilion has stayed close to it roots producing and providing a traditional venue for Comedy, Music, Variety and all other areas of Entertainment.
Situated in the heart of Glasgow’s Theatreland, the Pavilion is one of the oldest theatres in Scotland but is well equipped to produce the best in entertainment in the 21st century.
There is something for everyone at the Pavilion, come and see!
The Pavilion Theatre,
121 Renfield Street,
0141 332 1846