COVID-19: Customer Information
Pavilion Theatre (Glasgow) Ltd.
COVID-19: Customer Information.
Last Published: 16th August 2021.
As of the 9th of August, theatres in Scotland can reopen at full capacity so it is important to know that you will be sitting next to people from other households in a non-socially distanced setting.
The Pavilion Theatre Glasgow is back, ready, and safe but we intend to tread carefully and cautiously to ensure that all our customers, staff and performers are all protected as far as possible and look forward to you returning to enjoy a Pavilion Night Out.
CURRENT UPDATE: As we come out of lockdown, things will change from time to time as restrictions are removed and additional restrictions are introduced. We ask at this time that our customers and visitors always err on the side of caution and assist our staff when requested. As we are all aware, the Scottish and UK Governments may change the guidance at any time, however we will adapt to any changes required as quickly as possible.
The Pavilion Theatre has implemented a new set of Policies and Procedures ensuring the safety of all customers, performers and staff. These procedures will hopefully help everyone enjoy their visit to the theatre. Please take time to read this information as it is important for everyone’s safety.
- What We Require from Our Visitors.
- Temperature Checks & Face Coverings.
- Box Office, Ticketing & Accessibility.
- Pre-Arrival Reminder & Information.
- Seating & Distancing.
- Confectionary & Beverages.
- Use of Hand Sanitising Stations & Enhanced Cleaning.
- Ventilation, Air Purification & Co2 Monitoring
- Scottish Government Test & Protect.
What We Require from Our Visitors.
- Firstly, and most importantly if you feel unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19 before arriving you MUST stay away from the theatre.
- To enter the theatre, we ask that all customers are fully vaccinated, where applicable,
– Can produce a negative PCR or Lateral Flow Test result within 48 hours prior to your chosen event, available here and delivered by email or text within 2 hours should this be required by Scottish / UK Government.
Please note; that this will be subject to change quickly if required.
- In an addition to our standard Terms of Booking, refunds or exchanges will be offered for those who are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 after booking or who are currently required to self-isolate.
- Please always keep your personal belongings to a minimum and with you. This will assist with bag checks (if requested), and the speed of getting customers into the building.
- Please note we have no cloakroom facilities.
Temperature Checks & Face Coverings.
- Upon arrival at the theatre, all staff and production members will require to be fully vaccinated or return a negative PCR / LFT result prior to entering the theatre and will be temperature checked for all our safety.
We positively encourage our customers to do the same before traveling to the theatre.
In line with Scottish Government guidance regarding face-coverings indoors, it is currently law that you continue to wear face coverings, unless you are exempt. We encourage you to display the Face Covering Exemption Card Scotland upon arrival if you are exempt, which is available here. Please allow sufficient time for this to arrive prior to your visit to the theatre. Face Coverings should be worn upon entry, when moving around the theatre and when you are seated. This is for the safety of fellow audience members, our employees, and performers.
We positively encourage you to maintain a safe social distance where possible when queuing to take your seats and moving around the theatre.
All our employees will wear facemasks unless medically exempt.
If you attend the theatre without a suitable face covering, these will be available complimentary for all visitors.
Box Office, Ticketing & Accessibility.
The Box office at the theatre has now reopened and hours of working will be Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.
Contact the box office on 0141 332 1846 during opening hours.
Bookings will only be permitted by providing full contact details for the Scottish Government Test and Protect.
We request that customers book online in advance where possible as this will be a quick and easy procedure.
We have recently installed a new ticketing access system which will offer you delivery of your tickets in one of three ways.
1. Printed tickets which now feature an entry barcode.
2. Print your tickets at home.
3. Digital tickets which can be added to your Apple or Google Wallet.
All can be booked online or via the box office.
Tickets will be provided electronically when booking.
For printed tickets, we will have a designated collection station available in the theatre foyer should you wish to collect tickets (on the performance day only).
For our visitors with access requirements, please contact us on 0141 332 1846 or email email@example.com so we can best assist you on your arrival. We understand that some of our procedures and new setup may be concerning for some, but we want to make sure you have the best experience and will do the best we can to help and make the experience enjoyable for all.
Pre-Arrival Reminder & Information.
To ensure everyone’s safety and to make your night out as hassle free as possible, the theatre will send reminder e-mails of what you can expect 7-10 days before your arrival. We kindly ask that you go through this advisory e-mail with your whole group, to ensure you know what to expect and what we require upon your visit.
Seating & Distancing.
You will already be aware that the Scottish Government has removed social distancing measures in theatres.
- We kindly ask for the comfort of all customers you consider 1 metre distancing where possible (excluding seating).
- We ask you not to move from your designated and allocated seating and not to wander freely during the performance.
- We will always insist that customers observe any visual set out social distancing measures when in the theatre and once entrance is permitted, we ask you to proceed to your seat as quickly and safely as possible.
Confectionary & Beverages.
We will have the usual facilities available however, some services may be limited. At the current time, we are operating as a cashless venue for the safety of our visitors and employees. We accept all major credit & debit cards as well as Apple Pay & Google Pay.
As prior to the pandemic, alcohol is not permitted in the seated areas of the theatre nor are you permitted to consume any alcohol purchased out with the Pavilion Theatre.
Please note that bars and shops will be closed during the performance to minimise the movement within the theatre.
Use of Hand Sanitising Stations, & Enhanced Cleaning.
As throughout the pandemic clean hands is extremely important and we actively encourage the continual use of the sanitising units situated in all areas of the theatre. The sanitising fluid we use is SheildMe which is an alcohol free, non-irritant, eco-friendly high-level disinfectant which has been certified for use against COVID-19.
During the lockdown period we have developed a new enhanced deep cleaning regime. More frequent and thorough cleaning will take place throughout pre- and post-performance.
Our box office and other areas will operate with strict cleaning and safety procedures, hand sanitising, credit card payment terminal cleaning, face coverings and screens.
Ventilation, Air Purification, & Co2 Monitoring.
- Throughout the theatre in all areas, you will see VirusKiller Air purification and also React Air Expanse Virus Neutralisers. These are installed for everyone’s safety and have been extensively tested and used in venues like the o2 arena in London. We believe that we are the first theatre in Scotland to install these and have benefited from these for the past few months. We have also installed Co2 monitors throughout the theatre continually monitoring the air quality which has automatic alerts if the air quality becomes poor. In addition to this we have increased our ventilation system which will help to keep the air quality in the theatre better than it is outside in the street.
- We have set additional procedures in place for all eventualities. The theatre will have a zero-tolerance policy for those not following any theatre / Scottish / UK Government COVID requirements, and we ask that you assist our staff who are always there to give you the best experience and attention.
Scottish Government Test and Protect.
During this time, we will only accept a ticket booking with full contact details which will be required for the purposes of Test and Protect Scotland.
If attending as a customer, you will be required to provide contact details upon entry via the Check in Scotland QR Code, which will be displayed outside the venue in the poster sites.
All details will be held securely in accordance with GDPR.
We currently work under the terms of the Scottish Government Protection of Workers Act 2021 and adopt a zero tolerance to physical and verbal abuse, we ask that everyone has patience and courteous to all our staff at the present time as we are all on a new learning curve and things will inevitably come up that we will need to address and these will be addressed quickly and professionally if everyone acts in an acceptable manner.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information and look forward to seeing you return to the theatre.
Since it opened in 1904, the Pavilion has stayed close to it roots producing and providing a traditional venue for Comedy, Music, Variety and all other areas of Entertainment.
Situated in the heart of Glasgow’s Theatreland, the Pavilion is one of the oldest theatres in Scotland but is well equipped to produce the best in entertainment in the 21st century.
There is something for everyone at the Pavilion, come and see!
The Pavilion Theatre,
121 Renfield Street,
0141 332 1846