COVID-19: Terms And Conditions.
Pavilion Theatre (Glasgow) Ltd.
COVID-19: Terms and Conditions.
Last Published: 9th August 2021.
- Additional Terms and Conditions.
- COVID-19 Understanding.
- COVID-19 Ticket Exchanges & Refunds.
- COVID-19 Certification Checks.
- General Conditions.
1. Additional Terms and Conditions.
These COVID-19 Terms and Conditions are in addition to our normal terms and conditions and apply to all tickets purchased for all shows at the Pavilion Theatre during the period when rules and guidance from the Scottish Government regarding the COVID-19 pandemic are in force.
- These COVID-19 Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with and are incorporated into our standard current Terms and Conditions of Sale.
2. COVID-19 Understanding.
- Before attending the theatre, all customers must familiarise themselves with and comply with the latest rules and guidance issued by the Scottish Government regarding COVID-19.
- By attending a performance, all customers are acknowledging their consent to, and agree to abide by, the safety precautions that have been adopted by the theatre which will include (but not be limited to) the wearing of face coverings and non-invasive COVID-19 status certification checks. Up to date safety measures will be posted on our website and social media sites and specific guest requirements will be sent out in the pre-visit emails.
For everyone’s safety, failure to comply with any set precautions could result in guests being asked to leave the theatre and we reserve the right to refuse entry to any person that refuses to comply with our COVID safety protocols.
- All current COVID-19 safety measures that are being and have been implemented at the theatre are intended to minimise the risk of contracting COVID-19. By purchasing a ticket for a performance, you are acknowledging that a potential risk of exposure to COVID-19 may exist within any public place where large numbers of people are present, and when purchasing a ticket that you and those in your party voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold The Pavilion Theatre (Glasgow) Ltd or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors or volunteers liable for any illness or injury. Anyone purchasing a ticket or attending any event at the Pavilion Theatre acknowledges that they do so at their own risk.
3. Ticket Exchanges & Refunds.
- In line with current Scottish and UK Government guidance, we insist that customers do not attend if they or someone in their party is required to self-isolate or are currently experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
To ensure our customers can book with confidence, we have introduced a COVID-19 ticket exchange policy which should be read in conjunction with the terms in our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- If you are unable to attend a performance because you are self-isolating or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, you must inform us at least 24 hours prior to the chosen performance. In these circumstances, The Pavilion Theatre will permit you to;
(a) Exchange your tickets for the same event at a later date, if applicable;
(b) If such exchange is not possible or not practical, exchange your ticket for an alternate show of your choice (subject to availability & price difference);
(c) Request a full refund.
4. COVID-19 Certification Checks.
- As a condition of entry to the venue, all customers (aged 18 and over) shall be required to show certification of: (a) A negative COVID-19 PCR or Lateral Flow Test result (taken in the 48 hours prior to attending the chosen performance) from a Scottish / UK Government-approved test provider (either via a home kit or via a test centre), with certification shown via email or text; OR
(b) A full COVID-19 vaccination certification received at least 2 weeks prior to attending the chosen performance, which customers shall be required to show evidence of via:
- A downloaded or printed copy of your Full Vaccination Status, available here. This is delivered immediately.
- Letter copy of your Full Vaccination Status, available here or by calling 0808 196 8565. This is delivered by post and will take at least 14 days to arrive.
Any customer under the age of 18 will be asked for verbal confirmation (by them or by a parent or guardian on their behalf) that they have not received a positive test for COVID-19 and are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Unfortunately, for the safety of all other customers and staff, the failure to comply with clause 4, part 1 will result in the relevant customer being denied entry to the theatre.
5. General Conditions.
Any refunds issued would be made in the same way to the original method of payment and only paid into the purchaser’s bank account.
The Pavilion Theatre (Glasgow) cannot be held responsible for any further additional expenses such as travel or accommodation, or hospitality relating to your visit to the theatre, and these are all at the customers own risk at the time of booking.Add block
Since it opened in 1904, the Pavilion has stayed close to it roots producing and providing a traditional venue for Comedy, Music, Variety and all other areas of Entertainment.
Situated in the heart of Glasgow’s Theatreland, the Pavilion is one of the oldest theatres in Scotland but is well equipped to produce the best in entertainment in the 21st century.
There is something for everyone at the Pavilion, come and see!
The Pavilion Theatre,
121 Renfield Street,
0141 332 1846