Door Person Required
We are currently looking for a door person to join our front of house team.
Working in conjunction with the Front of House Manager / Duty Manager to deliver a friendly & efficient service to our customers.
- To greet customers at the point of entry to the theatre.
- To ensure all theatre & company policies and procedures as well as legal requirements are adhered to.
- To monitor members of the public entering the theatre and work with our security company to resolve any issues.
- To maintain a friendly, welcoming helpful and competent service with fellow employees and everyone that comes into contact with the theatre.
- Working with your fellow Front of House employees & Duty Manager to ensure the theatre is consistently presented to a high standard of cleanliness, tidiness and functionality.
- To attend shifts on time, dressed appropriately and ready to begin work.
- To ensure availability to attend work is provided in line with theatre policy.
- To ensure you are consistently dressed as outlined by the Front of House Manager / Duty Manager for each shift and arrive as requested and punctually.
- To undertake any other reasonable requests as required by the Front of House Manager / Duty Manager.
You must be able to:
– be well presented
– have good communication skills and friendly manner.
– have good time keeping
– work evenings and weekends
– work well independently and as part of a team
– providing a security presence to prevent and detect crime
– manage conflict.
Skills and Qualifications required:
– Valid SIA license is preferable but not essential
– Capability of dealing with confrontation and possibly volatile situations.
– Right to work in the UK.
– Good verbal English.
Remuneration and Hours
Salary: Dependant on experience and qualifications held.
- Hours: You may be required to work split shifts which includes mornings, afternoons and evenings, sometimes 7 days a week depending on the performance schedule.
- Probationary period: 6 weeks.
- Notice period: 2 weeks.
- Pension: As part of auto-enrolment you may be eligible for NEST pensions. Currently, the Pavilion will contribute 3%.
- Location: This position is based at Pavilion Theatre, 121 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 3AX.
Since it opened in 1904, the Pavilion has stayed close to it roots producing and providing a traditional venue for Comedy, Music, Variety and all other areas of Entertainment.
Situated in the heart of Glasgow’s Theatreland, the Pavilion is one of the oldest theatres in Scotland but is well equipped to produce the best in entertainment in the 21st century.
There is something for everyone at the Pavilion, come and see!
The Pavilion Theatre,
121 Renfield Street,
0141 332 1846