Front of House Staff Required
Front of House Job Description
We are looking to recruit Front of House staff for our busy Forthcoming Pantomime season. The successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week over the Christmas period, including 24th, 26th, 31st December & 2nd January. Please see www.pavilionpanto.com for full dates.
Unfortunately, as this is a busy season for us we will not be able to honour any holidays already booked for during this period.
Working in conjunction with the Front of House Manager / Duty Manager to deliver a friendly & efficient service to our customers.
- To tear tickets at Front of House designated positions, ensuring that only patrons with correct tickets for that show and date enter the auditorium.
- To take customers & groups to their seats in the theatre auditorium as allocated.
- To ensure all theatre & company policies and procedures as well as legal requirements are adhered to.
- To monitor members of the public before, during and after performances, notify a Duty Manager or a Security Guard should there be any cause for concern regarding the security and welfare of the building, its customers or staff.
- To sell programmes, merchandise & ice creams in the interval periods.
- To maintain a friendly, welcoming helpful and competent service with fellow employees and everyone that comes into contact with the theatre.
- Working with your fellow Front of House employees & Duty Manager to ensure the theatre is consistently presented to a high standard of cleanliness, tidiness and functionality.
- To attend shifts on time, dressed appropriately and ready to begin work.
- To ensure availability to attend work is provided in line with theatre policy.
- When handling cash, to ensure that the cash is accurately accounted for & kept secure during each sales period.
- Front of House Assistants can be expected to carry out a number of specific duties during their call including the roles of door person, usher & sales staff; specific role details will be provided separately.
- To ensure you are consistently dressed as outlined by the Front of House Manager / Duty Manager for each shift and arrive as requested and punctually.
- To undertake any other reasonable requests as required by the Front of House Manager / Duty Manager.
- Cleaning and removal of rubbish from the auditorium, before, during and after each performance.
Person Specification – Essential Characteristics
- Competent in delivering high standards of customer service; to all theatre visitors as well as colleagues.
- A friendly and amenable persona and a team player.
- Excellent verbal communication skills (including a good standard of spoken English).
- Competence in the knowledge and application of Health & Safety regulations.
- Organised; evidence to show capable of prioritising and carry out numerous responsibilities in an efficient manner.
- Confident with dealing with customers face to face
- Experience in money handling
- Competent in delivering quick & efficient sales in an often busy sales environment; numerically competent.
- Competent in delivering targets within agreed timescales.
- Good mental arithmetic skills and ICT skills.
- Willingness & flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
Person Specification – Desirable Characteristics
- Previous experience in a customer service role.
- Certification to show competence in the responsibilities outlined above.
- Experience in using an electronic till system.
- An understanding of the front of house department within a theatre.
- Awareness of hygiene and health and safety.
Remuneration and Hours
- Salary: Minimum wage applies
- Hours: You will be required to work split shifts which includes mornings, afternoons and evenings, sometimes 7 days a week depending on the performance schedule.
- Probationary period: 6 weeks.
- Notice period: 2 weeks.
- Pension: As part of auto-enrolment you may be eligible for NEST pensions. Currently, the Pavilion will contribute 1%.
- Location: This position is based at Pavilion Theatre, 121 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 3AX.
If you are interested in this position and have the necessary experience then please complete our online application form.
Since it opened in 1904, the Pavilion has stayed close to it roots producing and providing a traditional venue for Comedy, Music, Variety and all other areas of Entertainment.
Situated in the heart of Glasgow’s Theatreland, the Pavilion is one of the oldest theatres in Scotland but is well equipped to produce the best in entertainment in the 21st century.
There is something for everyone at the Pavilion, come and see!
The Pavilion Theatre,
121 Renfield Street,
0141 332 1846