Bar Staff Required For Busy Forthcoming Season
We are looking to recruit Bar Staff for our busy Forthcoming Pantomime season. The successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week over the Christmas period, including 24th, 26th, 31st December & 2nd January. Please see www.pavilionpanto.com for full dates.
Unfortunately, as this is a busy season for us we will not be able to honour any holidays already booked for during this period.
- Works behind the bar as necessary, selling drinks and preparing interval orders.
- Complies with licensing conditions relating to the supply of alcohol.
- Restocks the Bar and Bar Stores.
- Maintains other hygiene requirements, in the bar following ‘clean as you go’ principles as required.
- Undertakes other regular bar cleaning jobs in the weekly schedule and as directed.
- Completes stock takes of bar stock and cleaning materials in the weekly schedule.
- Experience of bar work if applying for this role.
- Proven ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
- An honest and reliable individual.
- A team-player who is personable and has the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Able to sustain a proactive worth ethic throughout long and late shifts.
- A polite manner, and a calm and professional attitude.
- Excellent verbal communication skills (including a good standard of spoken English).
- Good mental arithmetic skills and ICT skills.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Must be able to work evenings & weekends.
Person Specification – Desirable Characteristics
- Previous experience in a customer service role.
- Certification to show competence in the responsibilities outlined above.
- Experience in using an electronic till system.
- An understanding of the front of house department within a theatre.
- Awareness of hygiene and health and safety.
Remuneration and Hours
- Salary: Minimum wage applies
- Hours: You will be required to work split shifts which includes mornings, afternoons and evenings, sometimes 7 days a week depending on the performance schedule.
- Probationary period: 6 weeks.
- Notice period: 2 weeks.
- Pension: As part of auto-enrolment you may be eligible for NEST pensions. Currently, the Pavilion will contribute 1%.
- Location: This position is based at Pavilion Theatre, 121 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 3AX.
If you are interested in this position and have the necessary experience then please complete our online application form by click on apply or e-mail your C.V. to Marie Donnelly firstname.lastname@example.org
Since it opened in 1904, the Pavilion has stayed close to it roots producing and providing a traditional venue for Comedy, Music, Variety and all other areas of Entertainment.
Situated in the heart of Glasgow’s Theatreland, the Pavilion is one of the oldest theatres in Scotland but is well equipped to produce the best in entertainment in the 21st century.
There is something for everyone at the Pavilion, come and see!
The Pavilion Theatre,
121 Renfield Street,
0141 332 1846