Stage Crew Required For Busy Pantomime Season
Experienced Stage Crew Required For Busy Pantomime Season
We are looking to recruit additional Stage Crew for our busy Forthcoming Pantomime season. The successful applicants must be available on an as and when required basis panto performances as listed here www.pavilionpanto.com , which includes working Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, Hogmanay and 2nd January, stage crew commence their shift 45 minutes prior to the performance.
- To work on stage as required by the production with the following duties: heavy lifting, lifting flats, heavy scenery and props
- To support the daily set up before and clear up after each show
- General housekeeping of the stage area
- Ensuring that all health and safety requirements are met and proper PPE is used
- Must be physically fit and capable of lifting or moving heavy pieces of scenery
- A working knowledge of the stage department is essential as is the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-keeping
- Proactive and flexible attitude
- You must also provide steal-toe-capped boots, safety gloves and black clothing only should be worn
Remuneration and Hours
- Salary: £8.50 per hour
- Hours: You will be required to work split shifts which includes mornings, afternoons and evenings, sometimes 7 days a week depending on the performance schedule.
- Probationary period: 6 weeks.
- Notice period: 2 weeks.
- Pension: As part of auto-enrolment you may be eligible for NEST pensions. Currently, the Pavilion will contribute 3%.
- Location: This position primarily based at
Pavilion Theatre, 121 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 3AX.
A full UK driving licence and own car would be advantageous, due to travel between the theatre and our rehearsal and scenery production facility.
If you are interested in this position and have the necessary experience then please complete our online application form by click on apply or e-mail your C.V. to Marie Donnelly firstname.lastname@example.org
Since it opened in 1904, the Pavilion has stayed close to it roots producing and providing a traditional venue for Comedy, Music, Variety and all other areas of Entertainment.
Situated in the heart of Glasgow’s Theatreland, the Pavilion is one of the oldest theatres in Scotland but is well equipped to produce the best in entertainment in the 21st century.
There is something for everyone at the Pavilion, come and see!
The Pavilion Theatre,
121 Renfield Street,
0141 332 1846