Stage Crew Required
The successful applicants must be available to work on an as and when required basis.
- Get in, fit up and get out of scenery
- To work on stage as required by the production with the following duties: lifting flats, heavy scenery and props
- To support the daily set up before and clear up after each show
- General housekeeping of the stage area
- Ensuring that all health and safety requirements are met and proper PPE is used
- Must be physically fit and capable of lifting or moving heavy pieces of scenery
- A working knowledge of the stage department is essential as is the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-keeping
- Proactive and flexible attitude
- You must also provide steel-toe-capped boots, safety gloves and black clothing only should be worn
Remuneration and Hours
- Salary: Meets National Minimum Wage
- Hours: You will be required to work split shifts which could include mornings, afternoons and evenings, sometimes 7 days a week depending on the performance schedules.
- Pension: As part of auto-enrolment you may be eligible for NEST pensions. Currently, the Pavilion will contribute 1%.
- Location: This position is primarily based at Pavilion Theatre, 121 Renfield Street, Glasgow,G2 3AX.
A full UK driving licence and own car would be advantageous, due to travel between the theatre and our rehearsal and scenery production facility.
If you are interested in this position, please complete our online application form.
If you are selected, to attend an interview, you must provide proof of your right to work in the UK. This can be your passport or birth certificate with some other kind of photographic ID, these must be original documents and not photo copies.
Since it opened in 1904, the Pavilion has stayed close to it roots producing and providing a traditional venue for Comedy, Music, Variety and all other areas of Entertainment.
Situated in the heart of Glasgow’s Theatreland, the Pavilion is one of the oldest theatres in Scotland but is well equipped to produce the best in entertainment in the 21st century.
There is something for everyone at the Pavilion, come and see!
The Pavilion Theatre,
121 Renfield Street,
0141 332 1846