Stage Door Staff Required
Stage Door Staff Required for Busy Panto Season
We are looking to recruit stage door staff for our busy Forthcoming Pantomime season. The successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 16 hours per week over the Christmas period, including 24th, 26th, 31st December & 2nd January. Please see www.pavilionpanto.com for full dates.
Unfortunately, as this is a busy season for us, we will not be able to honour any holidays already booked for during this period.
This schedule of duties is not exhaustive, and Stage Door Assistants may be required to perform duties not listed, to suit the reasonable operational requirements of the Company. post holders should note that specific duties may alter from time to time and all alterations will be appropriate to the job level.
- To maintain a warm and welcoming presence at Stage Door and maintain the security of the building by ensuring that all visitors to the venue are signed in and are either met by a member of staff or are directed to their place of work.
- To greet all visitors with or without appointments and deal with their enquiries professionally and efficiently.
- To log all items of property which are found or reported lost in line with procedure.
- To implement and comply with the company’s Health & Safety policy, maintaining the safest possible environment for your colleagues, the visiting companies, patrons.
- To report any suspicious behaviour by staff or members of the public to Venue Management.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the management.
- To ensure that all persons are signed out of the venue at the end of each day and check dressing rooms to ensure these have been left in a safe condition.
Person Specification – Essential Characteristics
- Competent in delivering high standards of customer service; to all theatre visitors as well as colleagues.
- A friendly and amenable persona and a team player.
- Excellent verbal communication skills (including a good standard of spoken English).
- Competence in the knowledge and application of Health & Safety regulations.
- Organised; evidence to show capable of prioritising and carry out numerous responsibilities in an efficient manner.
- Willingness & flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
Remuneration and Hours
- Salary: £10.00 Per Hour.
- Hours: You will be required to work split shifts which includes mornings, afternoons and evenings, sometimes 7 days a week depending on the performance schedule.
- Probationary period: 6 weeks.
- Notice period: 2 weeks.
- Pension: As part of auto-enrolment you may be eligible for NEST pensions. Currently, the Pavilion will contribute 3%.
- Location: This position is based at Pavilion Theatre, 121 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 3AX.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send us a covering letter detailing the position you wish to apply for along with a copy of your current C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Since it opened in 1904, the Pavilion has stayed close to it roots producing and providing a traditional venue for Comedy, Music, Variety and all other areas of Entertainment.
Situated in the heart of Glasgow’s Theatreland, the Pavilion is one of the oldest theatres in Scotland but is well equipped to produce the best in entertainment in the 21st century.
There is something for everyone at the Pavilion, come and see!
The Pavilion Theatre,
121 Renfield Street,
0141 332 1846