Stage Technician Required
Stage Technician Required
Pavilion Theatre, Glasgow
The Pavilion Theatre, Glasgow is looking to recruit an experienced technician to join its technical and production team. This is a new, full time role to support the existing team in delivering the highest standards of technical support to both the Pavilion’s and visiting productions. This will involve taking responsibility for providing technical support throughout the production process as required, from the rehearsal room to the stage. It will also involve operating shows on a daily basis when required, and assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of both the production and theatre.
- Get in, fit up and get out of scenery for all production and events at the theatre.
- To support the daily set up before and clear up after each show, completing pre-show checks as required.
- To work on stage as required by the production with the following duties: lifting of flats, scenery, props and operate flown scenery / cloths.
- Ensuring that all health and safety requirements are met for the use of the stage.
- To ensure all technical equipment is maintained to the highest standard.
- To ensure the Theatre and all public areas are in a safe a presentable condition.
- General housekeeping of the stage area including maintaining an inventory of all equipment and materials held and used, maintain an inventory of all equipment and materials held and used etc.
- Working at height.
- Upkeep of general maintenance programme carried out within the theatre including various handyman duties.
- High level of joinery skills and scenic carpentry.
- Understanding of the theatre-making process, from rehearsals through to get out.
- Familiarity with the technical aspects of theatre-making, understanding of electrical safety and stage carpentry, including scenic construction, fit ups etc.
- This is a very physical role with a fair amount of lifting and carrying. A working knowledge of theatre, especially the stage department is essential as is the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-keeping
- Proactive and flexible attitude, ability to effectively prioritise and respond to quickly changing priorities
- Initiative and ability to tackle and solve problems independently.
- Enthusiasm for/ interest in the theatre.
Remuneration and Hours
This is a permanent position.
- Salary: Depending on experience.
- Hours: 40 hour basic week, 5 days Monday – Saturday in accordance with theatre requirements. Additional hours will be required at specified times of year. You will be required to work split shifts along with evenings and weekends as per the performance schedule.
- Holiday: 5.6 Weeks per annum pro rata.
- Probationary period: 8 weeks.
- Notice period: 6 weeks.
- Pension: As part of auto-enrolment you may be eligible for NEST pensions at the current rate.
- Location: This position primarily based at Pavilion Theatre, 121 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 3AX.
A full UK driving licence and own car would be advantageous, due to travel between the theatre and our rehearsal and scenery production facility. The ideal candidate must have a high level of joinery skills and experience of building sets, a good knowledge of counterweight flying systems and rigging operations would also be advantageous
If you are interested in this position and have the necessary experience then please complete our online application form at www.paviliontheatre.co.uk/contact-us/job-vacancies or e-mail Marie Donnelly firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Since it opened in 1904, the Pavilion has stayed close to it roots producing and providing a traditional venue for Comedy, Music, Variety and all other areas of Entertainment.
Situated in the heart of Glasgow’s Theatreland, the Pavilion is one of the oldest theatres in Scotland but is well equipped to produce the best in entertainment in the 21st century.
There is something for everyone at the Pavilion, come and see!
The Pavilion Theatre,
121 Renfield Street,
0141 332 1846